White House press secretary Sean Spicer tweeted a photo on Friday showing the moment President Donald Trump and his team huddled at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida to decide on firing dozens of missiles at a Syrian military air base.
The US launched the missiles as a response to a chemical attack allegedly carried out by the regime of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad earlier this week that killed at least 80 people.
The photo includes Trump’s closest advisors and core members of his economic team. At the table (from left to right):
- Joe Hagin, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
- Jared Kushner, Senior Advisor
- Steven Mnuchin, Treasury Secretary
- Wilbur Ross, Commerce Secretary
- President Donald Trump
- Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State
- H.R. McMaster, National Security Advisor
- Reince Priebus, Chief of Staff
On the periphery (left to right):
- Sean Spicer, Press Secretary
- A military aide
- Stephen Bannon, Chief Strategist
- Stephen Miller, Senior Advisor
- Michael Anton, Senior National Security Official
- Dina Powell, Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategy
- Gary Cohn, Chief Economic Advisor
Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of Defense James Mattis, and Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, were included via a secure VTC phone link.