INSIDER is hiring a full-time reporter to focus on food.
Whether it’s a news piece on Bangkok banning street food, an inside look at Khloe Kardashian’s diet, a humorous take on fast food, or a mouthwatering slideshow on local cuisines, we are looking for someone who is full of great ideas and quick on their feet.
Stories will be a mix of quick posts and interviews, as well as visual features and big, beautiful slideshows.
From decadent fast food to nutrition and health, we want innovative pitches, unique angles, and a desire to try new things (even if it’s a scary-looking unicorn frappuccino).
Candidates should have a proven interest in food — and an appetite.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent writing skills
- One to three years of full-time writing experience in a fast-paced work environment
- A strong sense of what makes a great story and tons of great ideas
- Interest in food, from fast food to health trends
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Journalism degree and/or background
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
At INSIDER, our motto is “Life is an adventure.” We tell stories for, about, and by people who seize life. That means they love to travel, try new foods, listen to new music, and fight for what’s right — and they admire people who do the same. INSIDER is distributed across social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube , as well as on the web.
Does this sound like you? Apply HERE with a resume and cover letter explaining specifically why you’re perfect for this job.
Please note: This job requires that you work full-time from our Manhattan headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
FOLLOW US: INSIDER Food is on Facebook