INSIDER is hiring a full-time reporter to focus on travel.
The ideal candidate is a multimedia journalist who loves seeing the world, exploring new cultures, and living vicariously through others’ adventures. This person also loves finding the hottest new hotels and destinations, and getting the inside scoop on all things travel.
Whether it’s a news piece on United, a humorous photo series about tourists, or big, beautiful slideshows that make our readers want to book a flight ASAP, we are looking for candidates who are full of great ideas and quick on their feet.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent writing skills
- One to three years of full-time writing experience in a fast-paced work environment
- A strong sense of what makes a great story and tons of great ideas
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Journalism degree and/or background
- Experience in the travel industry and a network of travel contacts is a huge plus, as is an interest in social media.
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful.
At INSIDER, our motto is “Life is an adventure.” We tell stories for, about, and by people who seize life. That means they love to travel, try new foods, listen to new music, and fight for what’s right — and they admire people who do the same. INSIDER is distributed across social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube , as well as on the web.
Does this sound like you? Apply HERE with a resume and cover letter explaining specifically why you’re perfect for this job.
Please note: This job requires that you work full-time from our Manhattan headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
FOLLOW US: INSIDER Travel is on Facebook