INSIDER is hiring a full-time editor to focus on health.
This person is an excellent storyteller and sharp editor who is full of great ideas. We are looking for fresh angles and brilliant ideas on the intersection between health and lifestyle. This person should also have a strong interest in relationships, personal finance, and general wellbeing.
Expect to cover everything from IUDs and pregnancy to Instagram fitness culture and viral pimple-popping videos to celebrity diets. This person will also be responsible for covering dating and relationships, parenting, and financial wellbeing.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A strong sense of what makes a great story and tons of great ideas
- Background and interest in health and lifestyle
- An understanding of digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least two years of full-time editing experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Journalism degree and/or background
- Management experience preferred
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
Does this sound like you? Apply HERE with a resume and cover letter explaining specifically why you should be perfect for this job.
This is a full-time position based in our NYC headquarters.
At INSIDER, our motto is “Life is an adventure.” We tell stories for, about, and by people who seize life. That means they love to travel, try new foods, listen to new music, and fight for what’s right — and they admire people who do the same. INSIDER is distributed across social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube , as well as on the web.
FOLLOW US! INSIDER is on Facebook